Videos now available - 'Future of Emergency Management' Conference 2016
If you missed our 2016 Conference, or if you attended but cant quite remember some of the finer detail, never fear, videos are here.
Videos of all our plenary speakers and panel sessions are avaiable to help you relive (and reuse) the insights and debate Conference brought with it.
Speakers were chosen for their ability to provide relevant insights, knowledge, or approaches to emergency management and get attendees thinking differently about what they do.
- Opening address, Hon. Nikki Kaye (Minister for Civil Defence and Emergency Management)
- Observation is the key to innovation, Sir Ray Avery (pharmaceutical scientist, inventor, and social entrepreneur)
- Strategy in an uncertain future Dr Norman Chom (strategist, organisational development and ‘future-builder’)
- Changing the Game: Rethinking Emergency Communication Dr Chris Galloway (Massey University senior lecturer specialising in risk and crisis communications)
- International Approaches to Emergency Management, Said Faisal (executive director of the AHA Centre)
- Red Cross Ready: Connect, Care, Prepare Tony Paine, Secretary General, New Zealand Red Cross
- Tale of Three Cities: Auckland Stephen Town, Chief Executive, Auckland Council
- Tale of Three Cities: Taupo Anna Park, Councillor, Taupo
- Tale of Three Cities: Manawatu Margaret Kouvelis, Majoy, Manawatu District
- Our changing hazards and risks, Jo Wills, Hugo Group, Dr Nick Horspool, GNS Science, Prof. David Frame, Victoria University of Wellington, David Chittenden, Ministry for the Environment, Charles Blanch, Ministry of Health, Richard Thornton, BNHCRC
- Global and domestic trends, Dr Stephanie Pride StratEdgy, Prof. James Renwick, Michael Berry Statistics NZ, Roger Fairclough Neoleaf Global, Rob Deakin LINZ, Prof. llan Noy Victoria University
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience Prof. Shane Cronin University of Auckland, Prof. Ken Elwood University of Auckland, Catherine Dallaire Opus Consulting, Mike Stannard Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment, Mark Kinvig Wellington Water, Michele Daly Dr Rob Buxton GNS Science, Dr Hugh Cowan Earthquake Commission, Dr Paul Barnes Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- Innovations in response and recovery Graham Leonard, GNS Science,
James Thompson, Canterbury CDEM Group, Ken Cooper, New Zealand Fire Service, Jon Mitchell, Massey University, Angus McKay, Emergency Management Southland and David Yard, Ministry for Primary Industries, Elizabeth McNaughton, DPMC, Brendan Morris, Brendan Morris Consulting
- Communities at the Heart of Emergency Management, Joe Mcleod, Te Piringa O Te Awakairangi, Kate Boersen, East Coast LAB, David Wansbrough, Ministry for Primary Industries, Craig Horrocks, Rotary, Dr Victoria Metcalf, Office of the PMCS
- The Changing Face of Communications, Tim Parkman, Unfld, John Barr, Radio New Zealand