Public education resources
Resources for CDEM staff involved in community awareness and education programmes.
- Working from the same page: Consistent messages for CDEM
- Public education websites
- Earthquake an tsunami resources
- Marae preparedness toolkit
Working from the Same Page: Consistent Messages for CDEM is written to assist those responsible for developing and providing civil defence emergency management information to the general public. The document contains nationally agreed information on specific hazards and the actions that individuals, families and communities can take to reduce, prepare for and protect themselves from the effects of major disasters.
The Get Ready website (getready.govt.nz) has information for the public on:
- How to get ready for an emergency at home, at work and at school.
- What the different natural hazards are in New Zealand and what you should do before, during or after each one.
- How to stay informed in an emergency.
- How to get involved and get your community ready.
Earthquake and tsunami public education resources
Posters and social media sharables helping to explain tsunami. What are they, where do they come from, how do you prepare?
Signature Promotions has a merchandise webstore with Get Ready and Civil Defence branded products.
Although all products on this webstore are approved by the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Signature Promotions is not formally endorsed by NEMA. CDEM Groups are free to use any supplier and any questions can be directed to NEMA at firstname.lastname@example.org
The @NZGetReady YouTube channel houses all national Civil Defence Emergency Management videos.
The @NZCivilDefence Facebook page has official emergency information as well as advice on how to get ready for an emergency.
The @NZGetReady Twitter channel has advice on how to get ready for an emergency.
The @nemagovtnz Instagram has advice on how to get ready for an emergency.