Current vacancies at the National Emergency Management Agency and in the Civil Defence and Emergency Management sector (CDEM).
National Emergency Management Agency vacancies
Extend your hazard risk management and emergency management career and make a positive impact to the lives of New Zealanders
Permanent leadership role based in Wellington CBD
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader, Hazard Risk Management & Analysis to join our agency. This is your chance to be part of a team that is hugely influential and passionate when it comes to building New Zealand's disaster risk management and resilience.
About the National Emergency Management Agency
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) is a departmental agency hosted by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. It provides leadership in reducing risk, being ready for, responding to and recovering from emergencies.
This is a challenging role in a high performing agency. As the Team Leader, Hazard Risk Management & Analysis, you will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic thought leadership on hazard risk management, risk reduction and resilience research, policy and practice to achieve the strategic outcomes of the National Disaster Resilience Strategy;
- Providing expert advice on hazard risk management, risk reduction and resilience issues and opportunities, policy, strategy and practice;
- Developing and promulgating best practice including codes of practice, standards, structures, frameworks, doctrine, and guidelines which enhance the development and delivery of hazard risk management, risk reduction and resilience building activities;
- Facilitating multi-agency forums to progress hazard risk management, risk reduction and resilience policy and practice;
- Influencing and championing hazard risk management, risk reduction and resilience policy and practice with internal and external stakeholders at senior, executive and ministerial levels.
You are a strategic and influential leader able to effectively communicate complex concepts and objectives to a wide range of stakeholders and collaborate across multi-agency forums to achieve collective outcomes and objectives related to hazard risk management, risk reduction and resilience. Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in managing and leading teams and bringing out the best in staff to deliver high quality, fit-for-purpose results;
- A tertiary qualification in hazard risk management, emergency management, or related discipline;
- Experience in planning, project and programme management, including public sector and/or commercial contexts;
- Knowledge of the machinery of government;
- Knowledge of local government policy and practice;
- Demonstrated experience leading the successful delivery of high quality hazard risk management, risk reduction, or resilience initiatives;
- Experience leading and chairing multi-agency projects, programmes or committees, working collectively to deliver sustainable, long-term improvements;
- Strong experience building and maintaining effective relationships across a range of groups and individuals with potentially conflicting interests;
- Advanced level of communication and well developed interpersonal skills at a strategic stakeholder level, including effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
The indicative remuneration range for the Team Leader role is $131,987 - $155,279.
This position requires you to successfully obtain and maintain a 'Top Secret' security clearance and only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 6 March 2020.
CDEM sector vacancies
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 8 March 2020.
Emergency Management Bay of Plenty is looking for an experienced communicator who can manage both day-to-day and emergency/crisis communications. The unique new role has two distinct modes of operation; a business as usual component that focuses on relationship management, collaboration and planning for different types of emergencies, and a response component that operates in a dynamic, fast paced environment rapidly responding to the unfolding needs of an emergency.
This important role will oversee communications for the Bay of Plenty Civil Defence Emergency Management Group including public information management, media management, public relations, publication development, social media and marketing.
For more information about this opportunity, see the full listing on Seek.co.nz.
Applications close 11pm, Sunday 15 March 2020
Emergency Management Bay of Plenty is seeking a passionate and experienced Principal Advisor, Recovery to join their team based downtown Tauranga. The unique new role has two distinct modes of operation; a business as usual component that focuses on relationship management, collaboration and planning for different types of emergencies, and a response component that operates in a dynamic, fast paced environment rapidly responding to the unfolding needs of an emergency.
The role of Principal Advisor, Recovery is challenging and varied with responsibilities that include:
- Develop strategies, systems, practices and arrangements which enable the CDEM Group to effectively and efficiently discharge its recovery plan obligations as outlined in the Bay of Plenty Civil Defence Emergency Management Group Recovery Plan.
- Lead the development and maintenance of the strategic framework for recovery including CDEM Group planning, evaluation and monitoring of arrangements, provision of guidance and capability development.
- Lead and coordinate the development of resilient business communities through a culture of business continuity planning and engagement activities.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with internal and external contacts including local authorities, emergency services, central government agencies, non-government organisations, communities, Māori, suppliers, consultants, and contractors.
- Work with the insurance industry and others to build partnerships which enable resilience for the Bay of Plenty.
To list a role please email our communications team at email@example.com