Emergency Management Collection – Kohinga Ratonga Ohotata
The Fire and Emergency New Zealand (FENZ) Library looks after the Emergency Management Collection. This is a specialist collection of books, reports and research journals, provided by the National Emergency Management Agency.
The collection is intended as a national research and education resource to enable individuals working in emergency management to access research literature and resource material that will inform their work and professional development.
Searching the Collection
You can search the collection. See:
However to request and borrow books you must be a registered user (see below).
Access to the Collection
Phone: (04) 496 3687 or 0800 FireLib (0800 3473 542)
Our other services
Links to online research documents are also available through the National Emergency Management Agency website.
Library staff can help find resources or put you in touch with others who can help through our partnerships with other emergency management libraries.
FENZ library is a member of ALIES (Australasian Libraries in the Emergency Sector), a library network that collaborates to fulfil the information needs of the emergency sector throughout Australia and New Zealand. ALIES provides access to:
- The collective expertise of emergency management information specialists
- Over 30 unique information collections in member libraries
- A gratis interlibrary loans network
- The emergency management expertise of member organisations
- National and international emergency management networks
Lending and Acquisitions Policies
- There is no charge for accessing and borrowing items from this collection.
- Registered users can borrow books and reports for a maximum of three weeks.
- We do not loan journal issues but provide copies of individual articles.
- There are Copyright law restrictions around the photocopying of articles, these will be advised once registered.
- Lost or damaged items will incur a replacement charge.