Emergency Management Collection – Kohinga Ratonga Ohotata
The New Zealand Fire Service (NZFS) Library looks after the Emergency Management Collection. This is a specialist collection of books, reports and research journals, provided by the Ministry of Civil Defence & Emergency Management.
The collection is intended as a national research and education resource to enable individuals working in emergency management to access research literature and resource material that will inform their work and professional development.
Searching the Collection
You can search the collection. See:
However to request and borrow books you must be a registered user (see below).
Access to the Collection
You are welcome visit the NZFS to browse parts of the collection. Contact the NZFS Library to talk about the subjects you are interested in, and arrange a time for a visit.Registered borrowers may take resources away with them.
Opening Hours Weekdays 8.30am – 5.00pm
Phone: (04) 496-3687
Mail:Library ServicesNew Zealand Fire ServicePO Box 2133WELLINGTON 6140
Physical Address:Level 1280 The TerraceWELLINGTON
How to Register
To register as a Emergency Management Collection borrower you can either:
- Register online
- Download our registration form and email to email@example.com OR post to address above
To register as a borrower you need to be working in the emergency management sector in New Zealand.
Emergency Management News
Emergency Management News is a newsletter for the emergency management sector in New Zealand. The NZFS Library provides this service and regularly posts about new articles, research and other news in emergency management.
You can sign up to receive email alerts. Go to Email Alerts, type in your email address, and click the Subscribe button.
Our other services
Links to online research documents are also available through the MCDEM website.
Library staff can help find resources or put you in touch with others who can help through our partnerships with other emergency management libraries.
The EM Collection is a member of ALIA, a library network that collaborates to fulfil the information needs of the emergency sector throughout Australia and New Zealand. Through an ALIES member library you can access
- The collective expertise of emergency management information specialists
- More than 35 unique information collections in member libraries
- A gratis interlibrary loans network
- The emergency management expertise of member organisations
- National and international emergency management networks
You can search the collections of a number of Australasian Libraries in the Emergency Sector (ALIES) libraries that have an online catalogue available to the public.
Lending and Acquisitions Policies
- There is no charge for accessing and borrowing items from this collection.
- Registered users can borrow books and reports for a maximum of three weeks.
- We do not loan journal issues but provide copies of individual articles.
- There are Copyright law restrictions around the photocopying of articles, these will be advised once registered.
- Lost or damaged items will incur a replacement charge.