New Get Ready website
A new website for public emergency preparedness information called ‘Get Ready’ will be launched on 11 July 2019.
Key dates and timings
- 4 July 2019 – Soft launch of the new Get Ready website at https://getready.govt.nz
- 25 July 2019, 3pm – Redirects to getready.govt.nz start for legacy sites that are being shut down:
- ShakeOut https://www.shakeout.govt.nz
- Happens https://www.happens.nz
- What’s the Plan Stan’ https://www.whatstheplanstan.govt.nz
- 26 July 2019 – Public announcements of the launch of ‘Get Ready’
Note: The Get Thru website at https://getthru.govt.nz will remain at its current URL until that website’s multilingual content is absorbed into Get Ready. The Get Ready website links across to Get Thru for those multilingual resources.
Summary of key redirection URLs to be in place from 10 July
Schools and organisations linking to or accessing emergency preparedness information may need to be aware of these key changes in place from 10 July, 4pm.
- What's the Plan Stan – All traffic linking to https://www.whatstheplanstan.govt.nz will be redirected to the Resources for schools: What’s the Plan Stan section of Get Ready at https://getready.govt.nz/prepared/teach/schools.
Key resources for teachers of school age children have been moved into the new Get Ready website.
- ShakeOut – All traffic linking to https://www.shakeout.govt.nz will be redirected to the ShakeOut section of Get Ready at https://getready.govt.nz/involved/shakeout. The ShakeOut and Tsunami Hikoi sign up form and other information will be on the Get Ready website.
- Happens – All traffic for https://www.happens.nz will redirect to the main Get Ready home page at https://getready.govt.nz.
MCDEM is largely discontinuing the Happens campaign, but most of the web content has been absorbed into the Get Ready website.
MCDEM recognises that there is a lot of printed material in circulation that includes these URLs and will be maintaining these redirects to Get Ready for at least five years until December 2024.
MCDEM recommends that external organisations update their own websites and internal resources to link to the new Get Ready URLs rather than depend on these redirected URLs working forever. That is the best way to minimise disruption for staff and site visitors.
Detailed Get Ready website page and URL structure
Organisations in the emergency management sector who want to prepare in advance of the launch of the Get Ready website can use the list of URLs and page titles below to identify the most appropriate new page to link to from their own website pages or internal resources.
The URL and page structure below is current as at Monday, 1 July and is stable.
We recommend that you link to Get Ready using https://getready.govt.nz as the base URL of your hyperlinks eg https://getready.govt.nz/emergency. Any other variant URL like http://getready.govt.nz or https://www.getready.govt.nz will be redirected to https://getready.govt.nz.
Contact for enquiries
Contact the MCDEM Communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org.