Response, other response and recovery claims following an emergency event
The Government, subject to Cabinet approval, will in accordance with Section 33 of the Guide to the National CDEM Plan fund eligible response, other response and recovery-related costs incurred by a local authority:
- Eligible response (welfare) costs will be 100 per cent funded by the Government.
E.g. caring for directly affected people (accommodating, transporting, feeding, and clothing people as a result of an emergency)
- Eligible other response costs will be 60 per cent funded by the Government (above the local authority’s threshold) and 40 per cent funded by the local authority.
E.g. precautions or preventive actions to reduce immediate danger to human life, where those precautions or actions were begun during the response period or immediately before the emergency.
- Eligible recovery costs will be 60 per cent funded by the Government (above the local authority’s threshold) and 40 per cent funded by the local authority.
E.g. Essential infrastructure recovery repairs.
The flowchart below sets out the claim review process, from when an initial claim is submitted by a local authority, through to the reimbursement of eligible costs.
The claims process ensures that the:
- internal and external processes are completed efficiently and effectively;
- processes can be tracked from initiation to completion and processes are clearly documented;
- timely reimbursement of eligible costs; and
- all local authority claims are considered consistently.
Click on image for larger version